Equalizer Electric Bicycles, electric fat tire bike,electric bicycle, ebike,
Equalizer Electric Bicycles

Mile Square Park to the Queen Mary Round Trip

Merckx_Rider

Mile Square Park to the Queen Mary Round Trip

Postby Merckx_Rider » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:14 am

Mile Square Park to the Queen Mary Round Trip:

I've done this ride a bunch of times it's always fun. Mostly bike trails and beach trails with limited street riding.

Roughly 60 miles round trip. It takes about 6 hours with a lunch stop in the restaurant village adjacent to the Queen Mary. There are many different foods available to buy plus some snack venders if that's is more your flavor.

Photo ops galore and some very cool land marks line the route. Usually leave the park around 10-ish to get to the QM around lunch time. The ride back usually is mostly tail wind with the sun at our backs.

A nice day out and change of pace from the usual river trail rides.

Depending on if I have company, I sometimes pack a picnic lunch instead of the restaurant scene. There is a light house in Long Beach that has a small park around it. Perfect for a nice lunch and rest stop before the ride home.

Jimbo

Re: Mile Square Park to the Queen Mary Round Trip

Postby Jimbo » Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:52 am

Nice topic Merckx_Rider. I know the area in Long Beach you are describing, having ridden there many times myself and with friends.
It is a long day ride for me to get there using the Rio Hondo/LA River Trail south, the over to the San Gabriel River Trail for the ride back.

Merckx_Rider

Postby Merckx_Rider » Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:43 am

Jimbo wrote:Nice topic Merckx_Rider. I know the area in Long Beach you are describing, having ridden there many times myself and with friends.
It is a long day ride for me to get there using the Rio Hondo/LA River Trail south, the over to the San Gabriel River Trail for the ride back.

Thanks.
which trail is the one that is next to the 605? That one is fun. I haven't been up that way in a long time tho. I like the QM ride in the off season best. Over the summer it's a beast getting though all the beach trails but lunch next to the marina is a real treat.

I'm getting old these days. I have to train for this ride instead of just jumping on my bike and just "winging" it.

Jimbo

Postby Jimbo » Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:48 pm

The trail along the 605 freeway is the San Gabriel River Trail (SGRT). It is my main route.

Return to “Rides:Rides you want to do”